Tuesday, May 15, 2012

half and half

As of today, I've been in Paris just over one month, and I've got just under one month left. I'm planning the next few trips I've got lined up, although I'm doing them in a rather silly order. I've got all of my focus and attention going toward my January 2013 flight to Australia, and I haven't really booked anything for my eastern-European adventure I'm doing one month from now. I guess logic isn't really one of those things I like to use when I travel. Some things are very go-with-the-flow.

One such adventure happened after I met Loraine, a Los Angeles native who is here studying at the American School in Paris. We met while we were sitting next to each other at the play "How to Be Parisian in one hour" and we hung out the next day. She invited me to this club called "Mix", where foreigners enter free before midnight. So we went, threw on American flag stickers, and danced. We also met three Canadian gentlemen and talked to them a bit at the start of the night, then found our way back to them at the end of the night. For me the best part was convincing the DJ to play Bohemian Rhapsody and sharing an epic moment with dozens of strangers singing the power ballad. Around 4 AM, we decided we wanted to leave, so we headed to Loraines apartment with the Canadians. We spent the remainder of the night singing showtunes and talking about clouds. We then walked to the eiffel tower to watch the sunrise, and said our goodbyes around 7:30 AM.

Another go-with-the-flow thing about Paris is the goddamn weather. It's currently 1 PM, and since waking up around 11 this morning, it was sunny, cloudy, a bit rainy, sunny, torrential sideway downpour, cloudy, and it's now sunny again. Getting dressed for a day out is one of the most frustrating things to do, because the weather is almost never the same for more than 30 minutes or so.

I'm going to take a nap now because I've got the flu and my head feels like a balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment